Monday, May 30, 2016

Weighed down

As a mommy who is on Facebook, my newsfeed is understandably bombarded with funny stuff about parenting and kids. But I never thought I'd laugh as hard at a video that doesn't even feature a kid or a parent as I did when I came across this one.

Presenting to you, ladies and gentlemen, the funniest kid-related video featuring only non-living things. Oh, this was just too much truth for me to handle, even though Xena is not even a toddler anymore.



Honestly, on some days, Internet humour is my best friend.

Especially on days when humans are a little difficult to tolerate, such as the mother of the obese kid who tells me how she "totally gets my pain" because "her kid also doesn't eat at all", or when someone says that Xena is "VERY tall for her age" (well, she's just above the 10th percentile and I really really don't think that translates to "VERY tall for her age" at all) or when someone complains that her kid is only at the 70th percentile for weight (woman, you need to google how percentiles work; it's not like board exam results), or when someone with a 12-kg two-year-old tells me that Xena's weight is totally fine and I just want to respond with a "I'm sorry, but you only get to talk if you have a 5-year-old who weighs 12 kg. Kthxbai."

I do not go around asking for sympathy or advice, so I really don't get why people say these things. Maybe they want to offer their sympathy but just don't know what else to say. Maybe they want to make me feel positive. Well, then just send me funny stuff. Make me laugh. Don't make me cry.

Kthxbai. 



4 comments:

Nandini said...

Hahaha!

But I must disagree with you; THIS is the funniest parenting video on the internet ;)

Arun said...

The answer of course is: alcohol. Two times a day or more.
Oh, not for the toddler. For the parent.

Shell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shell said...

I love Bunmi Facebook page , it is my daily does of humor.


PS: Feeling guilty about my long ago rant about son's weight. Please chalk it aside as a rant from mom who does nothing but try to feed - pick up spit out food from floor - repeat for hours and hours everday ( atleast it feels like it). I apologize.